One of Market America’s main goals is to provide the most effective and efficient service to its Distributors. Each administrative department’s ultimate objective is to be friendly and fair while maintaining consistent and aligned adherence to the requirements of the UnFranchise® Business Development System. By supporting and implementing the following general communications prerequisites, Distributors and Market America will achieve the best service possible.
(1) Career Manual: Policies and procedures found in the Market America Career Manual govern all functions and activities both in the field and at the corporate office. Distributors should have the latest edition of the Career Manual readily available for reference when communicating with the corporate office.
(2) Available Mediums: There are several channels available for communicating with Market America. Among them are fax, mail, telephone, voice mail or email.
(3) Distributor Information: Distributors need to ensure that their addresses (mailing, shipping, and email when applicable) and telephone numbers are accurate and up-to-date.
(4) Market America Response: Distributors should assemble all supporting documentation and needed information prior to contacting Market America (Distributors should contact their upline Certified Executive Coordinator or Certified Trainer for guidance in assembling this information). This information will greatly reduce research time and ensure a timely and accurate response. In addition, Distributors should provide the respective department with the best way to get back to them (i.e., phone numbers and times).
(5) Distributor Follow-Up: If Market America responds back to a Distributor’s inquiry and the company requires additional information, it is the Distributor’s responsibility to obtain the information and initiate the follow-up. In the event a follow-up is not initiated, Market America will consider the inquiry satisfied.
(6) Market America Addresses: Sending mail to the wrong address may cause loss of mail and/or processing delays.
(a) Signature Required: Mail this correspondence to Market America’s physical address: 1302 Pleasant Ridge Rd., Greensboro, NC 27409.
(b) Signature NOT Required: Mail this correspondence to one of Market America’s post office boxes (as applicable): P.O. Box _______, Greensboro, NC 27425.
PO Box 35364 (Orders and Transfer Buying Forms)
PO Box 35663 (Address Changes, Linkage Corrections, and Forms 1000, 1001, 925, etc.)
PO Box 35512 (All other correspondence)
(7) Responsibility/Accountability: Market America cannot be responsible or accountable for mail and/or faxes being delivered on time or as expected. It is advised that Distributors check for receipt via their UnFranchise Management System (UFMS), MARVIN, or by calling Distributor Services.
(1) Distributors are responsible for the validity and accuracy of all paperwork submitted to the company. Market America processes paperwork as it is received. Market America CANNOT alter submitted paperwork, so please make sure it is correct before it is submitted to the company.
(2) All paperwork needs to be mailed on its original form with the Distributor’s signature, unless otherwise instructed by the company. If a specific representative requests for paperwork to be sent in otherwise, it should go to that representative’s attention.
(3) Distributors must stay on top of their businesses. Please deal with problems that may occur in a timely manner. The longer a Distributor waits, the harder or sometimes less likely the problem will be able to be resolved. In some cases, Distributors could lose valuable time and money.
(C) Telephone Calls:
(1) Please remember that a Distributor’s first responsibility is to learn the policies and procedures listed in the Career Manual. It is also a requirement that Distributors are trained by their upline. The upline has a vested interest in making sure that downline Distributors and their businesses succeed. The upline is a Distributor’s point of reference, to whom he/she should go for help and advice.
(2) Before contacting the company, Distributors should first verify what is in the Career Manual. Second, Distributors should contact their sponsor, Certified Executive Coordinator, Certified Trainer, and/or Advisory Council Member. If Distributors don’t know who these upline Distributors are, they can call Distributor Services for their names and telephone numbers.
(3) Phone calls should be limited to five minutes. Distributors need to have all details and information ready. This includes: all Distributor names, ID numbers, dates, check or money order numbers, order numbers, etc. Note: If Distributors have detailed or multiple questions, or a complicated problem, it is better to send a detailed fax instead.
(4) Distributors should keep a log of the date of each call, the person spoken to, a summary of the problem, and the answer that was given. Distributors need to allow sufficient time for Market America to respond to the inquiry before calling again. It is a good idea to keep a log of calls to the upline in the same manner as well.
(5) Only one Distributor from the field should call the company about a certain situation. That Distributor should speak with the same representative until the issue is resolved. If more than one Distributor does call, all parties need to deal with the person at the company already handling the problem.
(6) Again, Distributors should consult the Career Manual and their upline first before calling the corporate office. The upline should be able to handle most questions or inquiries brought to them. Sometimes, however, Distributors need to contact the corporate office. Distributors should be sure to call the correct department and/or person regarding each situation (see The Company — Organization).
(7) When Distributors receive correspondence (via email, fax, mail, phone, or voice mail) from someone in a specific department, they need to deal with that person/department, unless otherwise instructed by the company.
(1) Our fax number is: (336) 605-0041.
(2) Please remember that Distributors are responsible for making sure Market America receives their faxes.
(3) Market America has 48 hours (two business days) to respond to faxed requests.
(4) Only certain information can be faxed: address changes, changes of credit card information or pull week on Transfer Buying, cancellation of Transfer Buying, and cancellation of distributorship, cancellation of an order, linkage correction forms, or faxes regarding requests for information.
(5) Only UFMS members can fax their orders using their own credit card as payment.
(E) Electronic Mail:
(1) Distributors can electronically mail (email) requests to email@example.com.
(2) All email transmissions need to include the Distributor’s name and ID number so that Market America is able to respond.
(3) Market America will try to respond to all email requests with a valid ID number and valid return email address within two business days.
All Distributors should utilize the voice mail services provided by Market America. The company uses voice mail to communicate urgent messages to Distributors en masse. Voice mail is also a powerful management tool for Distributors to use in communication with their downline organization.
NMTSS Online should be used to give access to all meetings, trainings, seminars and conventions being held nationwide. DO NOT call the office for schedules and locations.
MARVIN is a state-of-the-art voice-response system that allows Distributors to access the most pertinent information about their business 24 hours a day, seven days a week by dialing (336) 605-5556. After Distributors dial the MARVIN number and listen to the greeting, they should press 1 for the Distributor Information Service (for Powerline Voice Link (PVL), press 2). Distributors will be prompted to enter the nine-digit Distributor identification number of the business they are inquiring about. Distributors will then be presented with a Main Menu of options from which to make an applicable selection. Distributors may press “*” at any time to return to the Main Menu.
Last Modified :09/16/2014 5:56:40 PM EDT